miércoles, 16 de agosto de 2017

How to get the perfect #OOTD



I don't consider myself as a photography expert but after being a blogger for more than 3 years now, I realized I have learned a few things along the way. Photography is a very important aspect of the blogging world, especially when we talk about fashion and beauty bloggers.
We are constantly looking for beautiful images to share with our readers and followers, either through our blog posts or through our social media. Almost any small moment of our life can potentially become the main character of a post, from the morning coffee to a new pair of shoes or the most typical one, the outfit of the day. 
Even though we are used to seeing these images all the time on the Internet, we sometimes don't realize how much time and effort there is behind the scenes of that picture.
So, that's why I have decided to write this post to show you a little bit more about how I plan and do the pictures for my blog. What things I take into account in order to obtain the best possible photography to share with you.
In regards to the outfit pictures, everything starts with planning the outfit I'm going to shoot. Most of the times, I have a couple of outfits in my mind so I try them on at home to see which one looks better and then I decide. I also sometimes, try different variations of the same outfit, just changing the shoes, bag or accessories so that I can get more options and ideas.




Once I have the outfit, I think about the location. To me, this step is very important, not only because I love to have some interesting background that is appealing and adds value to the image, but also because I need a quiet location so that I can take as many pictures as I want without being disturbed by people passing by. In addition, I don't know about you but I get a little shy if I see people around me so if I find a quiet location it's better for me because I can relax and that is completely visible in the camera.
On the other side, I always try not to stand directly in front of a wall but to shoot from an angle, that helps a lot to create the deep of field which makes the image more interesting and less plain.




The third thing to consider is definitely the time of the day when you are going to take the pictures. This will not only affect the lighting but also it could determine how crowded a specific place is going to be. In regards to the light, the best times of the day to shoot are during the sunrise and the sunset. They are not called the golden hour for nothing. It's the best moment to get that perfect golden picture that we all want to achieve and that looks so perfect and professional. If I would have to choose between sunrise and sunset, I will probably go for the sunrise because at that time of the day not only the light is perfect but also the streets are almost empty and you can get that picture you want with no people in the background. This is the ultimate pro tip from one of my favorite bloggers, Tamara Kalinic from The Glam and Glitter. She takes incredibly amazing pictures in the most beautiful and touristic spots in the world, like the Coliseum or the Fontana Di Trevi in Rome with no one around her and she mentioned in on a video that she can achieve that by going there super early to shoot, like 6-7am in the morning. When you see the results it's clear that is worth the early morning start :)





The last tip I would include is definitely to take a lot of shots because you never know how much it would take you to get that perfect gesture or pose so it's better to try different things and do a lot of pictures. In this way, you will always have a lot of options to choose from and you will end up posting the best ones, which will definitely increase the quality of your pictures.

So, as you can see getting the perfect pictures takes a lot of time, planning and effort. And don't forget that this also includes carrying around heavy camera equipment because the quality you can get with a professional camera makes all the difference. Even though smartphones are getting better and better, a professional camera allows you to put more of yourself into the picture. It gives you a lot of power to create the image you are dreaming about. But I'm not going to lie, many times I regret not carrying my camera and using my phone to take pictures just because it's more practical and lighter. So, when I heard about Light new camera technology I thought my prayers were answered! It has as many possibilities as a professional camera but with the convenient size of a smart phone!

This camera includes many different lenses that work simultaneously to help you achieve the best image with incredible definition, striking colors and details. And all of that with a very practical small size which makes it perfect for the blogger life! I feel like having this camera would be the best and easiest way to always get great quality pictures for the blog and my social media.
Anyway, I hope you have enjoyed this post and please let me know in the comments if you have any other photography tips you would like to share!! I would love to know! :)

29 comentarios:

  1. These are great tips and I must definitely check out that camera :)

    xx Alyssa // STYLE VANITY

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you so much Alyssa!! Yeah, the camera looks perfect for blogging :)

      Eliminar
  2. Thank you for sharing these tips. Honestly, the thing that I struggle with the most are taking photos. I agree that getting to a place super early is the ideal thing to do, but my photographer (aka my husband) is not willing to wake up early to take my pictures. I get shy too, so that's another issue as well. lol
    -PerlaGiselle
    iamperlita.com

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Yeah, the same happens to me!! I get shy when there is a lot of people and also I don't have a photographer most of the times so it's kind of hard hehe :p

      Thanks a lot for your comment and sharing your experience Perla! :)

      Eliminar
  3. Lovely photos! These are all really great tips! :) xx

    ResponderEliminar
  4. good tips and outfit !
    Sure that hardware is an important part but not as important as the subject, the place; the composition and lights :D
    Cheers,
    Carolina MissBoucleNoire

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Great post! Thanks for sharing! When people are shopping for clothes, they can look through racks and racks of clothing and still not find what they want. This is what discourages a lot of people from actually finding something that they want to wear. Today everyone wants to be one step ahead in terms of fashion and style. They left no stone unturned to buy the best possible apparel and literally open up the mouth of their wallets for Menswear Online Shopping In India.

    Visit: https://www.bissq.com/men/western-wear/1

    ResponderEliminar
  6. I agree. Location is so important when shooting an outfit. You want the perfect backdrop to make your outfit pop
    Dora
    http://www.adropofindigo.com/

    ResponderEliminar
  7. To produce go pictures is so important.
    The location is important but the camera too.
    Keep up the good work. Have a nice Sunday.

    Love, Esther
    https://lifestyle-tale.com/pleated-pink-skirt-on-a-summer-afternoon/

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Great post dear, love these looks!
    xoxo

    www.sorananistor.com

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Same here... I tened to shy away when there's a lot of people passing by. I feel awkward. So location is definitely an important factor. :)
    This are amazing tips.

    (◕‿◕✿) EmoteraGoddess.com | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Yeah, the same happens to me!!! Thanks a lot for your comment Venus! :)

      Eliminar
  10. These are very good tips. Timing as you say is crucial.
    Thanks for sharing :)
    Happy Monday!
    https://anjage.com

    ResponderEliminar
  11. I love your tips and your looks!
    Have an awesome day!
    xx Kris

    https://dreamingofpink.wordpress.com

    ResponderEliminar
  12. Thanks for all these great tips. My only problem taking a good picture would be because I do not have a photographer to help me take shots. Yes, indeed lighting is very important and sunrise is the best. Less people, less disturbance. Sharon Elsie | diva-in-me.com

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I don't have a photographer either, so I'm always trying to get my friends or family to take me pictures haha.

      Thanks a lot for your comment Sharon! :)

      Eliminar